2017: a year of healing + curiosity. Currently 58/101.
- Finish a second draft of Miles of Sparks.
Visit a city you’ve never been to. Continue looking into graduate school. Bake cookies for someone. Deep clean your house. Do the 30 Day Minimalist Challenge.
- Read 60 books.
- Have a potluck dinner party.
Submit work somewhere at least once.
- Go skinny dipping.
Create a recipe zine. Pick flowers.
- Make homemade pickles.
Have someone over for tea. Increase proficiency in Spanish, Russian, and Polish. Rent a movie from the library and have a movie night.
- Learn one song on harmonica.
- Ride your bike somewhere for fun.
Exchange writing with someone. Go to a yoga class. Make a gift for someone. Deep clean your car. Visit Uncle Terry.
- Organize and print photos.
Write down three short-term goals, three one-year goals, three five-year goals, and three ten-year goals. Ride the Rapid.
- Go to an open mic night.
Wash windows and clean mirrors. Clean blinds. Clean out purse. Update resume and keep it on website. Plant perennials.
- Find an accountant and prep your taxes early.
Clean out your desk and dresser.
- Switch to a credit union for banking.
- Ride on a motorcycle.
- Make an affirmative prayer zine.
Do a master collecting from all your journals ever.
- Make a rag rug for Mugs.
Watch a sunset on a lake. Re-read the Harry Potter series.
- Do the Spending Fast for the whole year.
Find a pen pal. Write long letters.
- Go to the beach and lay in the sun.
Attend a brunch party.
- Finish one knitting project.
- Go for a long hike by yourself.
- Host a game night.
- Take Giselle for a weekend.
- Bring a week’s worth of freezer meals to someone.
- Make candles.
- Make a self care box and deliver it to someone who needs it.
- Go on a camping trip.
Get a massage.
- Create a book of things found in books.
- Take a painting class. 
- Take a pottery class. 
- Go canoeing or kayaking 
- See a play, opera, or other theatrical production .
- See the Atlantic Ocean .
- Get a watch .
Get an alarm clock .
- Get a typewriter .
- Start a retirement account .
- Go on a road trip.
- Swim in Lake Michigan .
Have a DIY spa night. Send a thank you card for something unexpected.
- Take a digital detox.
- Have a cocktail party with friends in the backyard.
- Make a family tree.
- Go strawberry picking.
- Go to an art opening.
Go to a museum.
- Take a weekend writing trip to the seaside.
Plant lavender underneath the porch. Do this 21 Day Self-Care Challenge.
- Complete this self-reflection for 2016.
- Do these journal prompts.
- Install a shelf in living room.
Create a gallery wall of locally made art. Create Level 10 Life goals. Listen to live music at least once.
- Create a paw ornament for Mugs.
Make a collage.
- Buy all your groceries for the week at the farmer’s market.
- Have a picnic at Reed’s Lake. Bring a book to read.
- Make a list of things that make you happy.
Do this 7 day self-care challenge. Clean out your junk drawers.
- Calculate how much money you’ll need to save for retirement.
Create a portfolio of your work. Ask previous mentors/employers for a reference letter to keep on hand. Do morning pages for 30 days.
- Practice ayuverdic dinacharya for one week.
- Take stock of the things you’ve done.
Spend an evening writing and sipping tea. Let something go.
- Eat vegetarian for a month.
- Finish this list
48 of 101 things completed in 2017.